Pop the kettle on and turn off your notifications, you’ll want to make time to savour this delicious, all-natural slice!
The perfect fix for when the sweet cravings come knocking, this crumbly, coconutty delight of a treat is easy to whip up and a tried-and-true winner with grown-ups and little ones. We’ve taken our organic apricots and turned them into a gooey surprise that’s nestled between two slabs of a scrumptious coconut biscuit.
Made with majority organic ingredients our Apricot Coconut Slice is completely free of artificial anything and as natural as it gets for a baked good moment. For proof, compare our ingredients to a that of a pack from the shelf. You’ll be glad you chose to bake organic!
Look for our organic coconut oil, organic almond meal and organic dried apricots in Woolworths.
3/4 cup organic self raising flour
1 cup Murray River Organics almond meal
1 cup caster sugar
125ml Murray River Organics coconut oil, melted
3 organic eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup Murray River Organics dried apricots
1 tablespoon organic chia seeds
1 cup organic desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Line a lamington pan with grease proof paper (24cm x 29.5cm).
3. In a large bowl combine the flour, almond meal, ½ cup sugar, coconut oil and 1 egg. Stir well to combine.
4. Press the dough into the prepared tin.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
6. Add apricots to a small saucepan add 1 cup of water and bring to the boil. Blend the apricots until you have a thick paste. Stir through the chia seeds. Let cool for 5 minutes.
7. Spread the apricot chia jam over the warm base.
8. Lightly whisk the remaining 2 eggs together. Stir through the coconut and remaining sugar.
9. Spread over the jam. Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before slicing into squares.
10. Serve warm with a dollop of organic yoghurt or store in an airtight container.