Here’s something a little bit fancy, a lot organic and perfect for impressing the guests.
Scoring top points for presentation, taste and clean ingredients, this recipe for Baked Pears with Tahini Crumble is a next level dessert to share at your next dinner party. After a quick 20 minutes in the oven these baked pears get dressed to impress with a drizzle of organic agave syrup and a crunchy top coating of almond slivers and walnut halves.
We’ve used majority organic ingredients to ensure that this recipe is as clean as it is delicious. A special mention for our organic coconut oil, agave syrup, slivered almonds, walnuts and sultanas which can be picked up at your local Woolworths.
Don’t forget to share your baking adventures with us over on Instagram.
4 bosc pears, cut in half length ways
2 tablespoons Murray River Organics coconut oil
1/3 cup Murray River Organics agave syrup
2 cinnamon quills
2 tablespoons organic tahini
½ cup Murray River Organics slivered almonds
½ cup Murray River Organics walnuts
½ cup Murray River Organics sultanas
Jalna Organic Greek yoghurt to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Lightly grease a 20cm baking dish with ½ teaspoon coconut oil.
3. Cut pears in half, length ways. Using a sharp knife, remove the core from each pear.
4. Using a peeler remove 4 strips of orange peel, and juice orange.
5. Place the pears cut side down in the baking dish.
6. Combine agave syrup, orange peel, cinnamon and 3/4 cup juice. Pour over the pears. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. In a bowl mix together 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, tahini, nuts and sultanas.
8. Remove the pears from the oven and turn over. Divide the nut mixture between the pears.
9. Increase oven temperature to 200C. Return pears to the oven and cook for 7 minutes until golden on top.
10. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving with a dollop of Jalna organic yoghurt.